Now you have a choice!
If you are interested in the WOW program, call Teresa Satterfield at 803-540-1279 to see how you qualify and to schedule today!
Through a grant provided by the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (SCDDSN), the Babcock Center and the Richland/Lexington Disabilities and Special Needs Board (R/LDSNB) are working in a collaborative effort to provide caregiver relief supports to qualified families and individuals through the WOW program.
The WOW respite supports are provided on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00AM-4:00PM
Babcock Center’s Mary L. Duffie Building 2725 Banny Jones Ave, West Columbia, SC. (View on Google Maps)
On alternating WOW weekends, SCDDSN eligible adults (18 and older) and children (12-17) will have the opportunity to attend these safe and fun sessions with our well-trained, experienced staff.
To apply for the WOW program:
- Call your Case Manager at the R/LDSNB at 252-5179
- Let them know you are interested in the program
- Answer a series of questions that will determine if you are eligible.
Questions will include:
- Your SCDDSN eligibility,
- Other SCDDSN services you are enrolled in or receiving at this time which determines how your service may be funded or how to arrange for our private-pay option.
- Medical and/or behavioral concerns to ensure the participant’s health and safety,
- Personal assistance, likes and preferences to customize care.
Once determined, the R/LDSNB case manager will schedule the available WOW program that best fits your schedule or need.
Program options include:
Arts and Crafts
- Computer Skills
- Indoor and Board Games
- Outdoor Games and Activities
- Healthy Lifestyles Lectures
- Relaxation Techniques
- Exercise / Dancing
- Dramatic Productions
- Socialization Skills
Contact Teresa Satterfield at 803-540-1279 for more information